Listen to the Stinker Madness Episode
Watch the Whole Movie!
Robert Mitchum's kid freelances his way into a "get the ninja tape" situation and into Janet's heart all while being WAY above the law and murdering many innocent people. Expect some shenanigans in this super-budget movie out of Indonesia.
One of a kind in it's repetition and recurring themes, American Hunter (Lethal Hunter in Europe) is a classic super-budget action film with very poorly thought-out plot elements. Behold the final list of incredibly weird repeating onscreen events:
- 4 - The number of bad dives
- 4 - The number of times Janet gets kidnapped
- 3 - The number of times Jake survives after something that would kill anyone else
- 4 - The number of times someone shouts "Asshole!" right before killing someone
- 4 - The number of times a stunt car drives up and ramp and jumps
- 2 - Houses owned by the villain that are exploded by the villain
- 3 - Random species of critters the villain owns
Then there's sweet sweet Janet. Poor Janet has been put through unholy hell. She loses her job, gets someones brains all over her face, kidnapped four times, crashed into a gas truck, her car destroyed, dropped from a helicopter, shot in the shoulder, had her neck shaved (?), and then married to a man who clearly doesn't care about whether she lives or dies.
In typical 80's Indonesia tradition, life takes a backseat and no unions were involved in this wonderful little treat of garbage. How many stuntmen lost limbs or even their lives during the making of this? If you love dangerous stunts - you'll have a great time here.
Over the top action:
Good Movie Quality:
Bad Movie Quality: